Onsite Visitation Hours and Rules
Updated: August 2019
Monday – Friday
9:00am – 3:25 pm
1. A visit may be denied or terminated under any of the following circumstance.
a. A visitor is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
b. Refusal by a visitor to submit to a search.
c. Failure to prevent children from disturbing other people in the lobby.
d. Inappropriate dress or conduct deemed by staff as disruptive.
e. Swearing, arguing or excessive noise will not be permitted.
f. Improper identification or lack of identification.
g The visitor is subject to or the subject of a no-contact order or a PPO with the inmate being visited.
h. A visitor schedules a visit and fails to show for the scheduled visit, the visitor will not be allowed to schedule another onsite visit for thirty (30) days
i) Two (2) scheduled visits missed by a visitor, will result in a loss of onsite visitation for 60 days.
ii) Three (3) scheduled visits missed by a visitor, will result in a loss of onsite visitation for 1 year.
2. Special visits will be permitted for anyone after being sentenced to Michigan Department of Corrections (that has not been allowed a special visit already during this incarceration). Special visits will only be approved by having the inmate submit a written request to the Jail Administrator. These visits will be no longer than sixty(60) minutes, all listed visitation rules must be followed.
3. No tobacco products, bags, drinks, food, weapons or lighters will be permitted in the visitation area.
4. No cell phones, cameras or recording devices will be allowed in the visitation area.
5. All visitors seventeen (17) years old or under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (with proper legal paperwork).
6. Visitors twelve (12) years and over must have picture identification. School student ID’s are acceptable.
7. All visitors must be appropriately dressed: (no revealing clothing).
8. One visit per week, for thirty (30) minutes, coordinated between all visitors on the inmate’s approved visitor list.
9. All visits will be at the visitation kiosks. This is a non-contact visitation.
10. Late arrivals will result in remainder of scheduled time- no extensions.
11. All visitors are subject to a search prior to entering the visitation area.
12.Any visitor violating any of the posted visitation rules could be subject to a thirty (30) day or permanent loss of visitation.